T20 World Cup: Pakistan Fan Sells Tractor, Ends Up ‘Disheartened’ After Loss to India

T20 World Cup: Pakistan Fan Sells Tractor, Ends Up ‘Disheartened’ After Loss to India

Dubai, United Arab Emirates – A passionate Pakistan cricket fan who sold his tractor to fund his trip to the T20 World Cup in Dubai has been left “disheartened” after his team’s defeat to arch-rivals India.

Shahid Afridi, from the remote village of Batkhela in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, sold his 1984 Fiat tractor for approximately $1,500 to cover the costs of his journey to the UAE. He had hoped to witness his beloved Pakistan team triumph on the global stage.

However, Pakistan’s hopes were dashed on Sunday when they suffered a crushing 10-wicket loss to India in their opening match of the tournament. Afridi was devastated by the outcome.

“I sold my tractor to come here and support my team,” he told reporters in Dubai. “I had high hopes for them, but they let me down.”

Afridi said he was particularly disappointed by the team’s batting performance. “They played like amateurs,” he said. “India outplayed us in every aspect of the game.”

Despite his disappointment, Afridi said he would not regret his decision to sell his tractor. “I came here to support Pakistan, and I will always support them,” he said. “But it’s hard to take this defeat.”

Pakistan’s loss to India has sparked widespread criticism in the cricket-mad nation. Many fans have expressed their anger and frustration on social media, calling for the resignation of head coach Saqlain Mushtaq and captain Babar Azam.

The T20 World Cup continues in Dubai and other cities in the UAE. Pakistan will play their next match against New Zealand on Tuesday.

Post Comment

You May Have Missed